Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ways to Save Online - Deals Sites

I want to share a couple links that I think will be helpful for people who like to shop online AND save money. I posted both of these on Twitter, but I wanted to have another record of the links on here, too.

Note on navigation: These sites utilize www.krunchd.com's toolbar feature. This lets you visit only one URL (the krunchd link I provide) and that page will load all the other sites. You can sequentially navigate among the sites in my list using the arrows that will appear in the top right of the krunchd page, or you can select a specific site from a drop-down box and jump to that one.

www.krunchd.com/dealtrackers
This first page has a bunch of deal trackers. To clarify, these are sites to which other users submit deals that they find. For example, my roommates saw that KFC had a deal going on where the Famous Bowl was about 40% its normal price, so they took a picture of the sign and reported the deal to slickdeals.net (which is one of the sites on the list). Then users on slickdeals, or other site, rate the deals that people post and indicate if they can confirm them in their area, too. Other deals you might find could be great savings on TVs; laptops; computer accessories such as RAM, hard/optical drives, or mice; apparel; jewelry; and more.

www.krunchd.com/deal-a-day-sites
This page has a bunch of deal-a-day sites, or ones close enough. Woot.com updates every day at 0100 Eastern, and 1saleaday.com updates at midnight Eastern; but steepandcheap.com puts up a new product whenever the current one sells out. On the other hand, spyoptic.com has an "Unreal Deal of the Week" which of course only updates once a week. I've also included a few sites that track even more deal-a-day sites with which I'm not very familiar, but may have good deals, too.

If you know of other websites that would fit well with one of my categories here, post a comment on this blog entry and I can add it to the list.


//C

No comments: